QNUK Level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training in the Private Security Industry (RQF)
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Learners must hold
- A recognised teaching qualification at Level 3 as a minimum (for example Level 3 Award in Education and Training RQF)
- A recognised level 3 deliverers of conflict management training qualification
- An action counters terrorism (act) eLearning certificate dated after January 2020 but no more than 12 months from the first date of commencing the course leading towards this qualification. From summer 2021 there will also be an additional eLearning module called act for security, this will also be required i.e., both act and act for security eLearning modules are required from summer 2021 onwards.
- A recognised first aid at work qualification (3 day) or higher with no less than 6 months validity from the first date of commencing the course leading towards this qualification.*
- From 30th September 2022 learners must hold a recognised Assessor qualification as identified in section 14.2
All assessment must be conducted in the medium of English and/or Welsh as appropriate. Centres must ensure that learners have sufficient language skills before putting the learners forward for assessment.
As a guide, learners should as a minimum have language skills equivalent to the following:
- a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English
- SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1
Learners should be able to work at level 1 and above. In addition, they must be able to meet the training provider set health and physical requirements for the Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry unit (please discuss with your training provider prior to commencement on this qualification)
*Training centres are permitted to deliver suitable First Aid qualifications as part of a training package. All First Aid training must be completed and passed prior to the commencement of the teacher training.
Guided learning hours
Total Qualification time
Credit value :